Finland held parliamentary election on 14 April 2019. Here are the the ten goals STTK sees the incoming government should include in its programme.
Sustainable work, economy and education
- Workplace legislation needs to be reformed to respond to changes in the labor market, enterprise structures, technology and forms of work. A new law on the development of workplace activities is needed to replace the Act on Co-operation within Undertakings.
- The parental leave system must be reformed according to the 6 + 6 + 6 model
- The social security system must be reformed to encourage employment and inclusion in society.
- The economic structures needs to be reformed, the know-how strengthened, and the amount of investment increased in order to fully exploit the future growth potential.
- Sustainable financing of the welfare state requires a strong tax base.
- Taxation of work must support employment and the commissioning of work. Income tax on low- and middle-income earners must not prevent skills development or the acceptance of more demanding tasks.
- Finland needs a clear strategy for moving to a low-carbon society. Circular economy and sustainable development should be promoted with sufficient incentives and obligations.
- An overall program is needed to increase labor migration. Investing in integration would pay itself back in higher employment.
- A comprehensive review of adult education covering all sectors of education should be launched. Upgrading (your) skills flexibly alongside (your) working should be enabled.
- All primary school graduates should complete at least a secondary degree. The second degree should be free of charge.